Sunday, November 21, 2010

samba debian

samba debian


Follow the instructions and get the netrender folder shared, in our case, we shared it and then mapped a drive on the controller to that share called R: Next, map another drive to your lightwave content folder and then map a drive to that share, in our case we lettered that one N: Linux Configuration: Install smbfs if it's not already there, using apt-get install smbfs Create two folders, I used /lightwave and /lightwave-content these will be our mount points Mount the shared netrender R: folder to /lightwave, and mount the shared lightwave content folder N: to /lightwave-content Set up wine drive letters, in my case, wine was installed as root so I did this by going into /root/.wine/dosdevices and creating some symlinks … make sure the drive letters match up with our windows controller, like so: Make a folder somewhere for the netrender software, I just made a folder called /home/netrender and copied bnrclient and bnetnode.lw in there, but rename bnetnode.lw to bnetnode.load There will be a file in the /lightwave share called lwext9.cfg, in my case it's /lightwave/NETRENDER/lw9intel/lwext9.cfg I copied this file to /lightwave/NETRENDER/lw9intel/lwext9lnx.cfg and then edited this new file I changed all the paths to linux paths because the instructions alluded to this, though I'm not sure this is necessary since lwsn will be fired off using wine so far I've not noticed any problems, so go ahead and do it, but remember that you've done it : Edit your bnetnode.load file back in /home/netrender I'll go over some of the important variables.By the way, important note! Controller Configuration: I'm a linux guy and another person in our office maintains the controller, but what I can tell you as that you'll see these new nodes pop up in the list, you'll need to right click and select properties on each of these fellas and set the platform to Linux Lightwave, which is on one of them tabs You'll also want to make sure in the scene properties, once you've added a scene that is, that you're pointing to your shared drive letter in my case, N: Additional Tips: Windows XP Professional has a 10 concurrent tcp connection limit, so one thing that I did that helps limit the number of connections to the controller is to utilize our pre-existing linux file server… What you say? At any time, only the file server is mounting those shares over a single connection Think about it, if you had 5 nodes mounting the directories, that's 5 connections being used up with thise configuration, you could have 9 nodes running and it'd still only be a single connection for the shared drives, brilliant I know.
samba debian
Tags: samba debian
| Some Articles: samba debian | Original post: samba debian | Technorati tag: samba debian | Virgilio tag: samba debian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home